Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Locks of Love

When I woke up this morning my husband had left me all alone and was playing basketball with some buddies. I tried to make myself useful by throwing in some laundry here and there while doing a few dishes and then just gave in to snuggling with my dogs. Luckily they kept me company long enough to finish a few assignments I put off and Alan came home only long enough to tell me he was abandoning me yet again to go golfing with some different friends. What a stinker. So after making myself this delicious Strawberry Lassi...


I turned on a movie and started watching Shes All That. Once Alan finally got home he brought us some dinner from Bombay House so I hurry and ate and then finally finished talking myself into chopping off my long hair. I had been debating for a few weeks about donating to locks of love since my hair was outrageously long. I didn't think I would be able to part with all my hair so my thoughts for cuts and styles were these beauties:

Photo: Getting my haircut tomorrow night need help deciding!!

I had pretty much settled on bangs since I haven't had them in forever but just didn't want to pass up the opportunity to donate to such a great cause. So I took a deep breath and rushed over to Paul Mitchell before I could change my mind. She snipped 12 long inches off of my hair and then a couple more to even things out. Now when I was talking myself into it I was only counting on exactly 10 initially so it is quite a change for me. 
Photo: Before and after

Its definitely going to take some getting used to but DeeAnn has been sweet enough to offer her services in helping me figure out some cute ways to style it since my hair has not been this short in forever! There you have it. Topped the night off with a visit with my mom and a trip to the gym and I am now obsessed with the cardio cinema.
So heres to today...to Alan finally getting some time to himself, to yummy drinks, to indian food, to my hair hopefully helping someone who needs it more than me, to new hairstyles, to visits with my mommy and to finally reuniting with the gym. Thankful for today.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio