Saturday, March 30, 2013

In Loving Memory of Brady Tyler Lish

I do not think I slept a wink last night. I felt sick to my stomach. I didn't want to have to see Brady like that I wanted to remember him alive and happy. I knew if I didn't go I would regret it. I got to have a few lovely conversations with my brother Taylor, my sister Brittany and Becky and we were all hurting but we got to talk about how much we loved Brady and wanted to honor him. 

This morning it took every ounce of strength I had to get out of the car and walk into the church. Instantly I was overwhelmed. I haven't seen my dad since my grandmas funeral and it wasn't the most pleasant encounter. Brady is an angel. I feel like he made a sacrifice to piece our broken family back together because there were a lot of severed ties and they all came together today. My dad even pulled me aside and hugged me and told me he loved me. I haven't heard that in 5 years. Brady was there. 




When I saw him I was overwhelmed and my heart was shattered and I sobbed but throughout the ceremony I felt his arms around me and was comforted. I feel that him leaving this life was a tender mercy and that in his death he got what he wanted most of all and that was to bring the family together. It was such a beautiful service and there was so many people that loved Brady so much there so pay their respects. 

I just have so much I want to say to him. After the funeral I felt at peace but still feel an empty piece in my heart. I miss him so much. I was trying to replay the last things that we said to each other and our last moments together and was trying to make sure that he knew that I loved him so much. I was able to read through some text messages we exchanged and found such a comfort in them. I love Brady with all my heart. I will never stop loving him or missing him and will always remember him. I want to do right by him and make sure that I am being the best that I can be everyday to make him proud. I know he is watching over us and feel his spirit with me. I love you Brady and can't wait to see you again someday. 

Photo: Beautiful service today and felt Brady spirit with us. Lots of tears shed as I will miss my little brother so much but thankful he is at peace. Love you!

Photo: Our memories with Brady Lish



So heres to today...to a day that turned hurt to healing, to Brady finally being at peace and happy, to a brother and a best friend, to a man with the kindest heart and to my guardian angel. Thankful for Brady.   

1 comments:

k said...

Michelle words cannot express my gratitude to Heavenly Father for His love and tender mercies. Feeling Brady there just is amazing. I love you sweetheart, and I know Brady is proud.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio