Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sneaky socks

I am not a morning person. Anyone that knows me, knows that about me. I can not get used to this 9 am church thing. If we didn't have a calling I swear we would be inactive because we just love our sleep sooo much. Especially with it being so cold right now it takes a lot for us to get out from under our warm down comforter and cozy bed bright and early. This morning was no exception. We barely managed to make it to church as sacrament was getting over because Alan likes to take loooooong showers and woke up late. Our kids are already getting used to us since they are paying attention to our lessons less and less ha. Oh if they weren't so dang cute!

After church for some reason I was in cleaning mode and decided I would not do anything else until I finally cleaned up our closet. You see, I spent all this time organizing everything in our closet so everything had its place and it would be easy to keep up on and things would stay in order but when I have a husband that uses this:


(Yes folks that is our bathtub sadly, and this was empty just a few days ago when I used it!)

...instead of this:



to store his dirty laundry, it makes keeping things tidy a little harder than it should. I have to laugh because his weird quirk seems to be socks. No matter how hard I try to stay organized when I go to laundry I will think I have it all and then I will find just over a dozen dirty socks. They are always bunched up in a little ball and hidden all over the house, typically in my bedroom. Alan likes to stash them behind the bed frame, on the side of our nightstands, behind the play station, behind the dresser, on the dresser, on the couch, on the floor, on the coffee table, in the bathtub, and pretty much anywhere else that is a convenient hiding spot for him. I love that man even when he is driving me crazy. 

Well I am happy to say that my closet is clean, my dishes are no longer dirty, my laundry no longer soiled and my office is tidy so I am one happy camper. I know today is supposed to be a day of rest but its really the only day I have to clean and I think Heavenly Father would want my home to be livable. 

The rest of the day was relaxing we got to go to family dinner for a meal of meatloaf and then got to chat with my mom and brothers for a little and watch a string of youtube videos after the Whitakers when we dropped Bryson off. Tomorrow I have to tackle the craft room or crap room as Alan calls it. It would feel so great to get that finished before girls night maƱana evening. Wish me luck. 

So here's to today...to the cutest bunch of 4 year olds in our class, to hitting snooze a few too many times, to a calling to keep us from falling, to a little early spring cleaning, to meals with loved ones, and to youtubes that make you nearly wet your pants. Thankful for today.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio