Friday, January 25, 2013

Fun Friday with friends

This morning did not start out very fun. I woke up with killer cramps hating the fact that only girls have to endure PMS. I wanted my ladies parts removed entirely. So I did not get much done. I was hardly able to even choke down some granola and bananas. I laid in bed almost all afternoon.

I finally dragged myself out of bed to shower before Jackson got dropped off and pulled myself together so that we could have a good night with Dee, Drew and Declan. We had so much fun with them and I cant help but feel really fortunate that we got lucky enough to be friends with a great couple as laid back as we are!! They came over and had a sweats party with us and we just hung out and watched basketball and eating pizza. The men of course ran off to play xbox (and Drew introduce Alan to yet another game...YIKES) but it was so fun! 





Dee is someone I really look up to admire and I swear I love that girl so much. I am so glad that we are hanging out again I have really missed her so much. True friends are hard to come by and I love that girl so much. I really just feel fortunate to have a group of really great people in my life. They know who they are and if they don't I will definitely fix that because I value them and cherish them. 

I really am just so grateful today. I am so lucky to have good friends that care about me and my well being. I am grateful to have friends that will come over in their sweats and just chat and catch up or craft or just give me a hug or shoot me a quick text or give me a call. I am so fortunate to have a compassionate husband that loves me unconditionally even when I sometimes don't deserve it. I am so glad that I have such a big family full of love as well as dysfunction that keeps my life interesting and helps me be a better person. Most importantly I am overwhelmed with joy in the love I feel from my Heavenly Father and am eternally grateful for the atonement and the fact although I am such an imperfect person and have a heap of shortcomings that I can still be surrounded with so much love and with all these Christ like examples. I am blessed. 

So here's to today...to fun friday nights with friends, to my dogs behaving, to great friends, and to all my many blessings. Thankful for today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio