Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Elephant ears

I got to see my sister today which is always nice. I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks so our visit was long overdue. When I was driving home my brother called me saying that the his car battery had died and that he needed a jump so I headed over to meet him at his high school. Well a classmate was trying to help him and he ended up locking his keys in the car and there is no spare so Orem police came to the rescue. We were able to give him a jump and get him on his way. Meanwhile, I asked Alan to head over to my moms to shovel her driveway and sidewalks because when I was over there I couldn't even pull in. The woman had at least 2 feet as she stepped out of her doorway and it was getting dangerous. It was fun to see the look on her face when she pulled up and realized why Alan and I had been whispering. 

All of that took place before I got something to eat so it then being nearly 3pm I was starving and decided to treat myself to some Zupas. It was one of the only things that sounded remotely good and although I really didn't want to have to walk inside it was worth it. When I got home I got to visit with Marissa for a bit before she left and then had to do some dreaded homework. Luckily it didn't take terribly long and then my friend Kari came to visit and craft. I finally filled in the rest of my coffee filter lampshade as we watched re runs of the Bachelor. I am envious of her beautiful coffee filter lantern. I am still mad that the one I bought is very oddly shaped! 

She had to scurry off to flip her roast and I had started making a pinterest creation! 



Keep in mind that I assumed Marissa, Lindsay, Kari and Alan would all help me eat it when I began making it. So here is pan that I am about to put in the over for Alan and I to enjoy a hearty midnight snack. I decided to make a little date of it and we are going to ask each other 10 things we have always wanted to ask each other because one of my friends did it and I really wanted to try it and think it will be fun!


So I am going to go stick my elephant in the oven and then we are going to talk about the elephant in the room (or 10 in our case) and enjoy a yummy snack smothered in honey butter!

So heres to today...to visiting my sis, to service with a shovel and a smile, to Bachelor re-runs (no such thing as too much Sean), to yummy desserts, to interest, and to a night in with the man of my dreams. Thankful for today.

2 comments:

k said...

Such a darling post and yummy looking goodies! AND a completely fun idea for a date night...I'll try to remember it for the future:)

Unknown said...

Stole it from a darling newlywed friend!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio