Sunday, January 6, 2013

Primary and Poopsicles

Today was the first day of the new time for church and Alan and I really struggled. We had Bryson over like most every Saturday since he goes to church with us and he was dancing Oppa Gangham Style till almost 2 am. So when the alarm went off this morning I couldn't help but hit snooze a few times. I can tell this is going to be a challenge for us. 

Alan and I got moved to CTR 4 and we love it. Instead of a group of 5 rambunctious boys we have 11 little ones and we have some girls now to help even things out. Its amazing how mellow they are just one year younger. Bryson is in our class and he seems to really enjoy having us as teachers. Today we got to welcome them into CTR and give them their rings and we made these darling CTR crowns. I so wish I would have snapped a picture. I am already so in love with these kids. 

Although the morning was a bit of a struggle it was nice getting out of church and having a good hunk of day to relax before we go visit with family. Alan spent the afternoon playing his zombie game and I went and scooped up poop. OK so everyone has been complaining about the weather and now its my turn. Its waaaaaay too cold outside if dog poop gets sooooo frozen that I have to get a shovel to scoop it up. NOT ok. I need cold weather. I think its time for Alan and I to run away to somewhere warm even for a weekend. 

Tonight at dinner with the Whitaker's we got to meet the lovely young lady stealing all of Spencers attention. She is pretty darling. I am surprised at how protective I instantly got of Spence even before Alan and I were married. I just never think anyone is good enough because he is such a stud. Well this girl is really sweet and we have the same major so maybe she will steal his heart too. We shall see.

So tomorrow is the last day I have before school starts back up and I am so sad that one of my classes got cancelled today due to low enrollment. I cant decide what I am going to do now. Tomorrow needs to be an early rise for me. I have a lot to accomplish before school starts and the days go by so fast. 

Since its fast Sunday and we missed sacrament I want share some thoughts and feelings I have had today. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be sealed to an amazing man for time and all eternity. I know that the church is true and I am eternally grateful for the gospel and the profound impact that it has made on my life. I am so grateful for the atonement and the fact that Heavenly Father still loves me even though I do so many stupid things on a daily basis. I am so grateful for our calling and the opportunity we have to teach such beautiful children of God. I am just so grateful for all the wonderful blessing in my life.

So heres to today...to the spirit in my home, to the new kids in our class, to shovels for snow bitten dog droppings, to Spencers happiness, and to being a member of the church. Thankful for today. 

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio