Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chalkboards, crafts and cuddles

My morning started at 7 am which I was less than thrilled about since I got about 4 hours of sleep despite my best efforts to go to sleep on time. I had observation at Vineyard Elementary in the special education classroom. It was so fun!! I seriously had a blast and I learned soooo much. I am amazed at what those teachers can do and I can't wait to be an educator myself and start making a difference in kids lives. It really is so rewarding to help them accomplish the things they set out to do and see them succeed. I'M SO GLAD THAT I WILL BE A TEACHER!!!

I finished observation at 2 and came home to do my homework. I was so exhausted that I wanted to take a nap but decided it wasn't such a good idea so I can sleep tonight. Instead I just did the rest of my homework due thru Friday and then hung out with my pups. Havoc had a hard day, he had to get his nail taken off today, ouch!















I feel so bad for him poor guy. Mayhem on the other hand just missed his brother all day. He has been having a great time today and even learned how to play ping pong:



I have a video that Alan sent me that maybe I will post late. After playing with the pups I went to the dollar tree and got some random goodies including pill organizers for our vitamins, some travel doggie bowls, a jump rope for Bryson and a light for my kindle. Then I stopped by my moms house for a little and hung out with my brother and nephew. Chandler made this awesome chicken and rice dinner with green sauce it was so delicious. I shouldn't have eaten any of it but I couldn't help myself. 

Luckily, DeeAnn saved me from completely stuffing my face with a Hobby Lobby run. Too bad we got there after it had just closed. Who closes at 8??? Don't they realize we need to craft. Bryson tagged along and we ended up running over to Michael's but didn't get anything we went for. Bryson got some coloring books and play packs and I got cupcake liners and Dee bought candy. It was still fun to just get out and to proudly strut in our sweats! 

So now I need to just relax and cuddle with my hubby and hope that my belly aches go away. Tomorrow is another loooong day of school and I am anxiously awaiting sleeping in Friday and going to temple! 

So here's to today...to special education teachers making a difference, to Havoc being a trooper, to Mayhem entertaining us and using the ping pong table for the first time in months with us, to dollar store goodies, to fun spontaneous trips to the craft store, and to a much needed cuddle sesh with the hubby. Thankful for today.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio