Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sequin maxi success


I FINISHED IT!!!!!






Oh my gosh am I glad I managed to finish it and it actually turned out cute. Its definitely not a professional garment by any means but for a self taught sewer (in one day) I like it!




Now that I know what I was doing wrong at first it really wasn't bad. I re did the entire skirt start to finish in less than 2 hours with taking breaks. And I hand stitched the sequin belt. Its not perfect but hey I MADE IT! And that's pretty awesome.

Outside of finishing my skirt I did not get much of anything accomplished today since I stayed up till the sun rose this morning watching Private Practice. I woke up at noon thirty, ate lunch, took my brother to the dentist and got my lashes done THEN finished my maxi skirt. YAY!

Now I need to decide if its too loud for church. I think its perfect for a cruise dinner and I know my primary girls would love all the sparkle but the adults may think its a little too much. 

I am beyond exhausted and I should probably be doing my homework and being responsible instead of making myself an outfit but its so fun! Now if only it would warm up so I could get the motivation to finish painting my TV trays! Another day...

So here's to today...to successfully sewing a sequin maxi skirt, to my ADDICTION to Shonda Rhimes series, to long lovely lashes, to all things that sparkle, and to making my first piece of clothing (as long as tie dying a shirt and socks in the 5th grade doesn't count). Thankful for today.

4 comments:

k said...

absolutely adorable! mrs. homemaker:)

Unknown said...

Thank you! It was worth the trial and error!

Kevin and Rachal said...

If I was skinny again then I would have you make me one! So cute!!

Unknown said...

You would look great in it! We should make one together!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio