Thursday, January 10, 2013

Burned Bottoms

This morning I made some cinnamon rolls and don't you hate when you check on them and they aren't quite done but when you come back they are overdone and the bottoms are burnt? So irritating. So Bryson and I pulled our bottoms off and enjoyed the remainder of the rolls before I had to run off to school. Somehow I managed to throw something on although I was extremely tempted to wear sweats today.


I really hope that I have the ability to make it through the semester somewhat unscathed. I don't think I realized how nice the last year and half off was. I do not know how I worked full time and went to school full time for 2 years, YUCK! Just this week, the first week of school mind you, my online class has 6 assignments and we are talking big papers and video responses where I have to watch a lecture on a subject and then respond to it after I watch it for an hour in the form of a paper. Then pile on top my other 3 classes and the math class I am hoping to pick up next week and I just pray I can make it. 

I also feel like I am coming down with something and felt icky yesterday and today and then Kayli gave me some unsettling news that she definitely has the flu and the doctor ordered her to lock herself away till the 16th. I cannot get sick! I did get some good news today however! My cousin thought she may have ovarian cancer which unfortunately isn't common on that side of my family as our other cousin our age has already been diagnosed and overcome but luckily she got the results back and she is healthy as an ox! I cried tears of joy! That scare alongside my nutrition class really makes me want to take better care of myself and make me slightly paranoid to be honest. My nutrition professor was talking today about how teenagers and young adults who don't eat right end up suffering later with issues like osteoporosis and I felt like she was looking right at me. All I could think is "HOW DID SHE KNOW?". I really need to improve my eating habits. 

Well nothing much else to report. Now that I am back in school no one is going to want to read this as I am even boring myself to death but thats my life right now. Its back to homework for me!

So here's to today...to salvaging burned bottom cinnamon rolls, to furthering my education, to challenging myself and to awareness that hopefully forms better habits. Thankful for today.

3 comments:

DeeAnn said...

I'm still reading it! Makes it a very easy way to stalk you! haha :)

k said...

I'm still reading it too! You're adorable.

Unknown said...

I will try and keep it interesting then!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio