Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Getting it together

I LOVE WAKING UP TO THIS LITTLE BOY!



All in all I feel pretty good about today. I woke up and actually got ready, see:



After all the hard work of putting real clothes and shoes on I got a little lazy with the makeup but nothing some red lipstick couldn't mask. I must say I am pretty proud of myself I even tried a pinterest hair do. It was easy so its something I will probably do again.



I hope I can keep it up because I was battling with myself this morning whether to just reside in my sweats and no one would ever know the difference. A goal is a goal and I think getting ready helped me accomplish a lot more today. A few notable accomplishments:

I washed and folded all my laundry! That always makes me feel so good. That and dishes which I am happy to say I also did today. I even went as far as vacumning. So to most you are probably thinking these are just little things but for someone who has been extremely busy working and then with the holidays on top of that I had a LOT of laundry and a LOT of dishes and a LOT of dirt and dust accumulating on my floors so I am happy. So now my kitchen, living room and guestroom are all clean. Which brings me to some exciting news! My guest room will be filled with a dear friend come the 17th of Feburary for a few days. I am so excited to see her its been forever. 

Last night I stayed up far too late gathering inspiration on pinterest on what I wanted to craft and found some things I have been dying to do forever and just havent had the time. To hold myself accountable I snapped some pictures of what I will be focusing on first:

I want to turn these tv dinner tables from this:

To this:

TV tray to craft table

Or this:

http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com/upload/62628251038392480_MFay3AAu_b.jpg

And I will redo the mirror to something cool too. Basically I am getting rid of all the brown in our house slowly but surely. Including our ceiling fan that has been driving me bonkers!


Maybe do something like this:


There is a lot of other stuff I want to do and have planned but I need to do these first since they are things I have meant to do for over a year now. Ha. Hopefully I get to craft this weekend I am really excited to see what I decide to do and how they turn out. 

So I have been pretty good today about staying on top of my resolutions. Sadly as far as patience with my husband, that is something I fell extremely short on today. Alan is going through a transition with work and is trying to figure out what he wants to do for a career. Its lovely that he has options and don't get me wrong I am sooooooooo very grateful that he has multiple opportunities and exciting new directions he can take but for me all I can think is COME ON!! I dont have people begging me to come work for them..."JUST PICK ONE" I tell him. I know he is doing it the right way and getting all the information and praying about it and will ultimately choose what is best for our family but I have to admit I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown here. 

I am not a patient person it is one of my many shortcomings and probably the most annoying trait for my husband to have to put up with. If I ask him to help me or to run an errand I mean right now not at some point and that is why its one of my goals to become much more patient, or be patient at all! Pray for me. 

So heres to today... To a closet full of clothes, to mac and cheese with the cutest 4 year old, to a clean house, to inspiration and to the ambition bursting out of me. Thankful for today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio