Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sew not happening

So right as I am going to bed last night I realized what I did wrong on my skirt. I stayed up for an hour stressing over it and then thought about it all day...and today was a long day. Let's start there.

This morning I had to wake up at 8:30 after going to bed after 3 am and sleeping terribly because my house is ghastly cold. I had a laser hair removal appointment this morning which is so horrible in the winter because they turn on these Zimmer fans so the machines don't overheat and it helps cool the skin so it doesn't hurt as bad, I was frozen. 

After my appointment I came home and was able to call ology and BYU and get into the math class I need and since I had a bit before class and had done the no heat curls last night I tried to take a nap. Alan and the dogs were not letting that happen...

I felt nauseous and tried putting some food down but had no appetite so I headed off to Suncrest elementary for my first class. So fun! I love the UVU elementary education program. Being in classes for my major and getting to work with kids makes things sooo fun and gets me really excited to have a class of my own. 

When I got on campus I met with my advisor to see what my options were if Alan and I decided to move out of state or take a break and just the timing of my degrees and he gave me the same news I kind of already knew. If I take my last 2 classes this summer I get my pre elementary degree. 

The rest of the day and in the rest of my classes I was really dragging my feet. After getting out of school at 515 and getting home for dinner I did NOT want to go to math. I am glad I did cause I need to pass that class.

So back to my sequin skirt...so it kept me up all night and distracted me all day so I got home after class (@930 UGH!) and checked to make sure I had enough fabric to fix it! I ripped the seam and cut off the pleats and redid my pinning and got the machine ready and I swear I did something seriously wrong. I went over and over each step making sure I had the bobbin in right and it was threaded properly. I checked the tension I did it all and every time I would go to stitch it would snag and tangle and screw everything up. So after numerous failed attempts and start overs I finally decided that my brain must not be functioning properly. 

Alan was watching Bachelor while I was attempting so I joined him at the end and now it's time for some Pitch Perfect and bedtime. Pray for me that I can sew this skirt! I have no class tomorrow so I am hoping to get the skirt and tv trays done! Yay! 

So here's to today...to holding back toots for the sake of my master esthetician, to early rising, to getting things done, to knowing when to stop when you can't, and to my bed...oh how I've missed you. Thankful for today.

2 comments:

Amanda O said...

Hahaha I love the holding back toots!! you crack me up! Miss you girl! You'll get the skirt it will be worth it in the end!!

Unknown said...

I'm sure that Heather (the girl that did my laser treatment) loved it too! I miss you more girl! We need to catch up soon outside of blog stalking each other! And I did finish the skirt!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio