Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lunch Date and Dancing

I cannot even begin to tell you how good it felt to finally meet up with my friend DeeAnn today. It had been years since we had hung out or really even seen each other outside of a casual run in when we crossed paths at work. I felt like I was still a part of her life which perhaps is the downfall of a social network because it makes you lose sight of the tangibles of friendship. We sat inside Zupas and just got to chat and catch up for hours. I still love that girl just as much if not more. As much as it saddens me that I was not an active member of her recent milestones and some of the monumental moments in her life I really hope that we get to be heavy participants and supporters in each others immediate and distant futures. She is an amazing person and I have missed having her spirit around me. 

When I returned home from my lunch date with Dee I was greeted warmly by Bryson who had a "stage" (just throw pillows set up on the floor) set up and performed some more Oppa Gangham Stlye moves for me. I seriously love that kid so much. Somehow he roped me into playing dance central with him downstairs and just kept replaying OGS over and over again until my shins were on fire. Needless to say he beat me the last couple of times we played. He is so talented. I wish I had half of his energy. After dinner I got to go visit with my sister for a little bit which was long overdue and really nice to be able to chat. 




When I got home Bryson had fallen asleep to the tooth fairy episode I had on for him on Super Why and so I put together his tooth fairy stuff and grabbed his teeth and replaced it with his presents. When I went to change him into his PJs since he had fallen asleep with his clothes on I realized he had an accident in our bed. Poor thing felt horrible but we got it all cleaned up and now he got his presents from the tooth fairy early since she thought he was down for the night. 






As we were getting him put back down he said "Aunt Chelle, can we ask the tooth fairy to come back and bring me back my teeth I want them back again". Alan and I tried to explain to him how it worked but it sounds like Super Why may have mislead him just a little bit. So he asked if we could say a prayer to see if she would bring them back. So I guess I am off to slip the teeth back under his pillow and pray he doesnt wake up till morning. 


         

So heres to today...to restoring and building on old friendships, to much needed girl time, to dancing till your legs give out, and to teaching the first time tooth fairy a thing or two. Thankful for today.

2 comments:

k said...

That's adorable that B had you say a prayer for the tooth. I'm glad you blogged that because that's a story to remember:) He's too cute!

Unknown said...

It was the cutest thing ever! Love that little boy!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio