Saturday, February 16, 2013

Red eye


The flight was miserable. I was still getting over the end of a cold so I was really congested and for some reason it makes it a million times worse on a flight. I was pouring snot of my nose and could not breathe. This went on throughout the entire night. The poor people sitting around me were probably wanting to punch me in the face for blowing my nose non stop. I don't blame them I wanted to punch myself in the face. 

Our flight from Charlotte into Orlando was delayed. First we had to de ice which made our departure 40 minutes behind and then we fought a head wind the entire flight putting us back another hour and a half. So when we thought we were going to have to wait a couple hours for the bus at 10:30 since our flight was supposed to get in at 8:30 we were sadly mistaken

Our flight landed at 10:35 and we knew we only had one shot to get to the bus cause if it left without us it meant we would have to find our own way and it was $50 to get a ride to the boat. We went rushing through the airport trying to figure out where to go and ended up going the wrong way and made a very long detour. Luckily everyone else was coming from the same place and the bus was delayed so we were able to get on

As soon as we got on the boat I was ready to take a long nap but I knew we had to do the drill so we just ate and hung out until after the drill and then went to bed until dinner. It was so nice to just sleep peacefully. 

Dinner was delicious and our servers are great. We went to the welcome aboard show and the ship is just incredible. Its by far the best boat we have been on to date. We are so excited for this week its a long needed escape from reality and I missed Alan so much last week it will be great to just spend some quality time together. 

So heres to today...to surviving a red eye, to barely making the bus, to a heavenly nap, to a sweet ship we get to enjoy all week and to VACATION! Thankful for today.     

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio