Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dr. Suess

Today I got to finish my observation at Vineyard Elementary and it is making me crave my own classroom so badly. It also made me consider switching to Special Education. I have absolutely loved working with the students. Another thing I am so grateful for that Jaymi (the teacher I was working with) told me about was where to get great book deals. Check this out:


I got these for $20 today. I am totally going back tomorrow to see if they got new stuff because it was pretty picked through today. Awesome. I am seriously so stoked about it. I need to start building my library for my class now and even if I put off teaching for a while to have kids they will have the most rocking library ever. I love it. 

Today was crazy busy. After observation I had to take Havoc to the vet cause he messed up his nail again. It was so sad because the people that came in right before us found out that their pit bull had cancer and would need to be put down. Devastating. After we left the vet I had to go pick up the Camry with my brother and drive it back to my house because we managed to get enough air to stay in the tire to get home and hopefully I can take it into Bronson to have it looked at on Friday or Saturday. 

Once I got the car home I had a mound of dishes to do and then finally added another coat of primer and paint to the TV trays. I still need to the bottoms but the tops look awesome. I also scooped half the poop my husband said he was going to that has accumulated for over a month...disgusting! It got dark and cold so I had to stop and put the rest off till tomorrow. I got hungry and ran and grabbed food and the books and stuffed animals and then went and visited with my mom and Bryson for a little. I helped him with his letters and sounds. That kid is so smart. 

When I got home I managed to finish my psychology and math homework and now I am waiting for Kayli to come over to keep me company tonight and I can't wait to hit my pillow. 

So heres to today...to the sweetest students ever, to bargain books, to healthy dogs, to getting the Camry home safely, to getting closer to finishing the TV trays, to a smart nephew and to friends willing to keep me company while the hubs is away. Thankful for today.


2 comments:

Ryan + Ashley said...

Let me know where you get your books! I want some good childrens books for my little one who is on the way! Hope to see you saturday girl!

Unknown said...

Don't you worry woman I got you the sleep book for your shower. I will be there for sure I wouldn't miss it!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio